Sunday, August 10, 2008

My stamping area




Hello again. I finally put away all the projects and scraps and took pictures of my area. It is shared with the rest of the family being the dining room but it is a large room so it works out ok. I hold my classes in this area because I have the added counter space and a tall square table. My husband Dan built in the corner area to make a closet of sorts. I have a large bookcase on one side and a smaller on on the other side. I took pictures to give you an idea of what I do to keep my stuff organized..... ok well as organized as I can get at the moment.
To start off with I have a long counter that Dan put in with cabinets below. My 2 daughters have taken over half of it with their craft "stuff" but I get the other half. Funny thought... My 5 year old Jenna calls it Arts and Craps time... yes I spelled that correct. Cracks me up when she says it. Dont worry I wont let her go to HS saying Arts and Craps.
Ok back to the one side of the room... I used the 3 mini drawer holders from Walmart to keep my itty bitty stuff like embossing powders, sponges, Sharpie markers (away from the 5 year and 2 year old) and other goodies like that. This is being held up by a shelf from Ikea that is supposed to hold CDs. At the other end I have 2 color caddys. They are a bit pricey so I only had 1 for a long time. It seemed that mine was wobbly with the extention kit so I saved up and recently got a 2nd one. Much better. I now have all 3 sets of the "in colors" and my black/brown/white pads in one and the 4 basic families in the other. I have matching refills up on top. Dont worry ladies.. this was a slow process and I firmly believe in the Fly Lady and her set the timer and see what you get done method... So see what you can organize in 30 minute in your area.
Ok I will end this post and go to the next. I have more pictures :)



No comments: