Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My hive is bigger than your hive


Can you say..." whoa"
Ok so this started as a tiny little thing that the girls noticed. I figured it being up 2 stories we would just let it be. Ok well that was dumb. Now the thing is over a foot long and has lots of giant hornets working away. I have to say it is sorta cool. The neat thing is that it is upstairs above the garage so I went inside and was able to take this cool picture that I am sure most people dont get. On the screen side they have plastered their mud on it so you cant see the hive but on the glass side you can see all the different layers. I did see some inside but you cant tell in this pic. I am hoping that when it frosts and they all leave I can somehow take it down for the girls to take to show and tell. My hive is bigger than your hive. hahaha So the big fellas are up high and have not really bothered anyone. We do find the ones that are on their last hours walking the ground and we smash them and rush them to the end. Shoes are a must for the kids to play in the driveway. I hear you can get spray.. haha what a joke. I would have to stand on a picnic table directly below them to even reach it. So someone said.. well open the upstairs window and spray thru that.. well that is great and all but the hive front door is in the front.. not the back.... and do you think I want to come back out of the garage with a hundred angry hornets flying around. No thank you. You would have to spend the night in the garage. So we wait.... and wait.. and wait... and it grows and grows and grows. haha If it gets bad we will call someone but in the meantime we will take our chances.
BBBUUUZZZZ

No comments: