Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Challenge #3






Hello ladies. Last night I tried my hand at another challenge. I wanted to use the new lace ribbon border punch so I punched out a piece and then tried to figure out what to do with it. I did turn the template on its side because the lace was longer and I didnt want to cut it down to fit the other way. I started with weaving hemp thru it but that didnt show up well so I looked at my wall of ribbon and the blue bliss caught my eye. I just wove it thru and knotted it. I thought it contrasted well with the cherry cobbler which by the way is one of my favorite colors. Maybe because it sounds like food and my Girls Weekend Queen name has cherry in it hehe. So anyway I then figured if I needed 3 images I needed something small so I chose the tiny butterflies. I didnt want to overpower the card. I used the flower from the Flower Fest set and made it a 3D image. I chose words from Swirls & Curls Verses just because I love the loopy letters. So go on over to www.inkspire-me.com to see all the other entries. Till next time.... Happy Stamping

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love your color combination. Thanks for playing the inkspire me-challenge.

IN{K}SPIRE-me Design Team said...

Adorable! I love the thing with the ribbon. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at inkspire_me this week!