Monday, January 19, 2009

Swap cards

Hi everyone. Sorry it has been a while since I posted... not really sure where the time goes.
This post is for some of the swaps.

These 2 cards are Monica's. She used the sherbert background and then added some cuttlebug embossing, some eyeletes and the white jel marker to make it pop on the blue. She also used some fancy schmancy gadget she got from her hubby. I forget what it was called.. something like the stampers companion. A bunch of tools in one. That is now she made that wavy line with the embossed lines.



The cards below are Bea's creations. It is hard to see in this picture but the lilac card is embossed using the cuttlebug. I like her use of scallops and the boho set. The card with the hearts moves. The white part is connected using a brad which allows it to shift. Would be a neat way to hide a message like a slider card.


The cards below are mine. As you can tell I like that rose paper. I saw this idea that came from a sketch challenge. The olive card is embossed also using the Big Shot. The paper with the Thanks on it is actually a very light pink pattern. Now that card with the cute bees.... that is from the new catalog. I forgot to take a picture of the inside which had the rest of the words "have a honey of a day" and another cute bee. The set has a giant hive.. Now you know my history with bees.. so I had to get this set to scrapbook my groovy hive. Did I tell you Dan caught it on fire? Yup.. tried to actually use the flood light that it was attached to. Big mistake.. went up in flames. Dan had the thought.... call 911 and lose part of the garage or pray the hose reached. Well the hose barely was able to shoot water up that far and he got most of it out and then went and pounded out the screen from the inside the garage. He knocked off all the hive and managed to save a big chunk of it. So the girls will be able to have it for their science projects :) Ok I digress...



The top 2 here are Bea's and the bottom are Monicas. Monica used needlepoint type thread to go around the scallop punch. It reminds me of the spirographs. Very creative ladies.



1 comment:

allie d said...

Bea's are my favorite here! She's got skills.