Monday, January 19, 2009

January Camp Cards - Big Shot Top Note Die

Hello again, Just thought I would share the cards from camp this past weekend. There are a bunch of very talented stampers out in the world of Stampin Up and they are all so generous sharing ideas and sketches for others to duplicate or use as a jumping point. So check out the cards below and see what you think.

This first card is using the top note but by folding it over and not cutting out the top part it creates its own fold. So this note is folded on top of a single layer that is embossed to give it depth.



This card is our little Penguin. Starting with the top note die layered and then using the large and small ovals, and the 5 point flower to make all his little parts.
This card.. what a surprise.... we used the top note again.. haha I just love this one. So this one is kept off the smaller background card to create a different look. Just have to remember not to put the adhesive all the way around the top note like you are probably used to.

This next card is using the basic slider technique. As shown in Becky's card in a previous post... the focal point is movable using a penny, a dimensional puff dot, another penny, another dot and then your stamped image. The paper with the hole goes between the first penny and the 2nd. The puff dot is what slides along the paper. The first card shows the flower in position 1 and the 2nd shows it slid over to reveal the message :)



This last card is using half of that crazy top note again. This is using a design by my upline Janice Weightman. I was 16 out of the top 30 in sales for Dec. so she sent me this great card. Hers used the new design paper and I could not show it before today. So thank you Janice for the great idea. I changed up the colors a bit.... you might notice that I love that ski slope paper from the winter mini and the brown and read colors. Ok I will get out of that color scheme :)
So I sure hope you like what we did this month. I am excited to get into the new catty which started today by the way.... Stay tuned. Till next time... Happy Stamping

1 comment:

allie d said...

the penny slide card was my favorite of this camp, with the penguin a close second.