Sunday, September 4, 2011

Teacher gifts - Birthday card kit

Here is my attempt at a Birthday card kit for Jenna and Logan's teachers. The idea is to have one card for each child in class for their Birthdays. One teacher I do not know and the other is the beloved K teacher that Rebecca had. I hope they like these. I rememer when I got a nice note from my teacher so I hope the kids enjoy getting these special little notes.
I used the Stampin Up clear cases which have a sleeve just like a regular DVD case. It was easy to design something and slip it in thru the sides. I used the Broadsheet Alphabet set. It was hard to get the letters to fit so I did them in a curve and then added a triple scoop ice cream to fill in the space :) Below is front and back view. The paper is double sided so there is a pattern on the inside of the case as well.

Below are the cases with the 17 cards and envelopes strategically placed inside along with a gel pen. The cards are fat because of buttons and puff glue dots so the teacher better be careful when opening. I did 17 in both because one class has 15 kids and the other has 16 and I wanted each teacher to have at least one extra in case a new student came in. Yes I LOVE the class sizes in WI.

Here is a group shot of all the cards. I tried to make them fairly generic so I didnt have to count boys and girls.

This is using the Button Buddies stamp set that just begs for a button to be added. So cute. Love the little piggy the best.

These little guys use the hot air balloons from the Up, Up & Away set.

These little cards make me want to go get an ice cream cone. I used the embossing folder on the circle that has Happy Birthday all over it in different fonts. Hard to see the detail in the pictures. The scoops of course are embossed with the swirls folder to give it that yummy ice cream look. I even attempted mint chip which is one of my favorites... (minus the chips for those of you who know me hehe)

These little guys are my cupcakes. Super easy to make.


No comments: